with Dan North
May. 15-16, 2017
Testing Faster explores the principles and practises of agile testing. The class is taught in a dynamic, interactive and engaging style. There are no slides or handouts. Instead participants work together in small groups to reinforce the training and make it relevant to their own context.
- Test Strategy—reasoning about what, where and when to test
- Test Design—reasoning about how to test
- BDD—understanding its relationship to testing and automation
- Automation—when, where to automate, and where not to
- Designing for Testability—how test thinking can inform design, development and deployment
After completing the class, participants will be better able to:
- identify and apply a number of testing techniques and methods.
- make design choices that promote testability
- understand and implement non-functional testing strategies for e.g. performance and resilience testing.
- make suitable cost benefit trade-offs for testing throughout the application lifecycle.
- recognise the diminishing return of different testing techniques and avoiding over-testing.
- apply consistent testing techniques within and across applications.
- understand and develop the role of test analysts.
- introduce instrumentation, analytics and telemetry into their development approach.
- classify testing techniques by various characteristics and describe their respective merits and trade-offs.
- apply a risk-based approach to recognising missing or inadequate testing.
- apply feature management techniques like semantic versioning and feature hiding.
This 2-day course is for anyone in an agile team, not just testers, and especially anyone in a team that is thinking about adopting agile methods and wanting to get started the right way.
Dan North uses his deep technical and organisational knowledge to help CIOs, business and software teams to deliver quickly and successfully. He puts people first and finds simple, pragmatic solutions to business and technical problems, often using lean and agile techniques.
With over twenty years of experience in IT, Dan is a frequent speaker at technology conferences worldwide. The originator of Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD) and Deliberate Discovery, Dan has published feature articles in numerous software and business publications, and contributed to The RSpec Book: Behaviour Driven Development with RSpec, Cucumber, and Friends and 97 Things Every Programmer Should Know: Collective Wisdom from the Experts.
He occasionally blogs at https://dannorth.net/blog.
Place: Ergon Informatik AG, Merkurstrasse 43, Zurich
Date: May. 15-16, 2017
Duration: 2 days. Both days 9:00 to 17:00
Price: 2200 CHF incl. VAT incl. course materials and meals
Discounts: We do not combine discounts. This means that the biggest discount that applies to you will count.
We do not provide any refunds. What happens in case you cannot attend the course?
1) You are welcome to pass on the place to a colleague or
2) You are welcome to attend a later course in our course calendar.
Further, once a registration has been made and the confirmation email has been sent out, the price is set and can not be changed or adjusted.