with Szymon Mentel
May 29-01, 2017
Elixir is THE programming language to keep an eye on!
Learn with GOTO Academy how to use Elixir at its best.
4 Days Course
Students will start by learning the basics of the Elixir language. Following that, the course turns to concurrency and students will learn the details of writing parallel and concurrent Elixir applications and the underlying concurrency capabilities provided by BEAM (the Erlang virtual machine).
The course shows the right way to write concurrent applications that will scale by using OTP Behaviours. At the completion of the courses, students will know how to build, test, and deploy a concurrent, distributed backend service applications.
The course contains the following topics:
- Background Elixir/Erlang
- Basic Elixir
- Elixir Shell
- Sequential Elixir
- Concurrent Elixir
- BEAM (Erlang virtual machine) internals
- Process Design Patterns
- Process Error Handling
- Modules & Processes
- Data Structures (Maps. Structs, Records, Binaries)
- List comprehension
- Funs and High-Order Functions
- Macros & Language Features
- Code Upgrading
- Distributed Programming
- Generic Servers
- Using Mix
- How to use Elixir for backend servers and REST interfaces
- Basic/Sequential Elixir
- Concurrent and Parallel programming
- Distributed Applications
- Building, Testing, and Deploying
TRAINER: SZYMON MENTEL
Software Developers and Engineers, with a focus on backend services
- Good programming skills in another language such as Java, Perl, Python, node.js, or Ruby
- Familiarity with server-side software development helpful
Date: May. 29-01, 2017
Duration: 4 days. Both days 9:00 to 17:00
Price: 3600 CHF incl. VAT incl. course materials and meals
Discounts: We do not combine discounts. This means that the biggest discount that applies to you will count.
We do not provide any refunds. What happens in case you cannot attend the course?
1) You are welcome to pass on the place to a colleague or
2) You are welcome to attend a later course in our course calendar.
Further, once a registration has been made and the confirmation email has been sent out, the price is set and can not be changed or adjusted.